While my boyfriend was off at school, I sent him his favourite: peanut butter cookies! This recipe was my Grandma's and is sooo yummy! The outside has a bit of crunch because of the sugar, while the inside is soft and chewy.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- In another smaller bowl, combine salt, baking soda, and flour. Gradually add to butter mixture.
- If using, add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls then roll in white sugar (or decorative sugar) and press with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly brown. Cool and enjoy!
You can also make a PB & J card if you are sending these to someone special. These cookies mail well too. I wrapped them in an old paper towel tube and foil and they were still moist after 3 days in the mail. Happy baking!